- Format an SD memory card in your LEICA M.
- Turn off the camera and insert the card into an SD card reader – either integrated or connected to your computer. (A reader is required for Firmware updates).
- Download the Firmware file from the Leica M site using the “UPDATES” link.
- Save the file FW_M240_1_1_0_2.FW at the top level of the card’s folder structure.
- Remove the card properly from your card reader, insert the card into the camera and close the bottom cover.
- Press the “INFO” button and hold it, simultaneously turn on the camera using the main switch.
- The update process takes several 2-4 minutes. “Loading file…” appears on the screen.
- When the update is done, a corresponding message appears on the screen. The Message disappears after some seconds.
- If the battery does not have sufficient charge, you will see a corresponding warning message.